Some materials that are not available at the Altoona Public Library can be requested from other libraries using Interlibrary Loan (ILL.) This is a free service to our library patrons in good standing. Guidelines are as follows:
- You must have a current Altoona Area Public Library card that is free of overdues and/or unpaid fines before making a request. Patrons of other area libraries must request through the library at which their card is held.
- Requests may be submitted using our website with the below form, by phone (946-0417 ext 126), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by filling out a form at the circulation desk. Your name, contact information (phone # and/or email address) and barcode number must be printed clearly on the form.
- Patrons are limited to having 5 requests in the system at one time.
- The lending library determines due dates and renewals. If a renewal is necessary, please contact the ILL dept 3-4 days before the due date. We cannot request renewals for items that are already overdue.
The following items cannot be borrowed through Interlibrary Loan:
- Titles owned by our library
- Mass market paperbacks Items costing less than $10.00 to purchase
- Current Bestsellers
- New nonfiction titles less than two months from release date
- Comic books / graphic novels
- Children's easy readers
- Entertainment videos & DVDs