For Your Information ~ For Your Health
With the Coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns, the Altoona Area Public Library is being mindfully proactive to ensure a healthy environment. The library is currently operating under the following protocol:
1. The Altoona Area Public Library is open and operating under our regularly scheduled hours. If program partners cancel or postpone events, notice will be posted on our Facebook page and website.
2. Hand sanitizer is available at various locations throughout the building.
3. Disinfecting wipes are available at all public computers.
4. The library is being cleaned and sanitized throughout the day, with emphasis on high-touch surfaces.
5. Toys in the Youth Room are sanitized regularly.
We encourage our users to avoid public areas, like the library, if they are experiencing any symptoms of illness. We are happy to renew items over the phone (946-0417) or online at https://altoona.sparkpa.org/eg/opac/home. Fines will be waived if materials are late due to illness.
The library will continue to monitor recommendations and guidance from state and federal authorities to consider any appropriate action or updates to these protocols. Please continue to check our Facebook page or website. (https://www.altoonalibrary.org)
Please see the CDC’s website for current information regarding the Coronavirus